2.Isolation Ward Area
2.1 Scope of Application
The isolation ward area includes an observation ward area, isolation wards, and an
isolation ICU area. The building layout and workflow shall meet the relevant requirements
of the hospital isolation technical regulations. Medical providers with negative pressure
rooms shall implement standardized management in accordance with relevant requirements.
Strictly limit access to isolation wards.
Please refer to fever clinic.
2.3 Ward Requirements
(1) Suspected and confirmed patients shall be separated in different ward areas;
(2) Suspected patients shall be isolated in separated single rooms. Each room shall be
equipped with facilities such as a private bathroom and the patient’s activity should be
confined to the isolation ward;
(3) Confirmed patients can be arranged in the same room with bed spacing of not less than
1.2 meters (appx 4 feet). The room shall be equipped with facilities such as a bathroom and
the patient’s activity must be confined to the isolation ward.
2.4 Patient Management
(1) Family visits and nursing shall be declined. Patients should be allowed to have their
electronic communication devices to facilitate interactions with loved ones;
(2) Educate patients to help them prevent further spread of COVID-19, and provide instructions
on how to wear surgical masks, proper handwashing, cough etiquette, medical
observation and home quarantine.