Polyvinylpyrrolidone (SUNLYDONE® K Series)
CAS No.: [9003-39-8]
Trade Name: Sunlydone K (STD); Luviskol (BASF); PVP (ISP)
Description: Homopolymers of vinylpyrrolidone with a variety of molecular weights
|Sunlydone K15||Powder||13-17||95-100||3.0-7.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K17||Powder||17-22||95-100||3.0-7.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K30||Powder||27-33||95-100||3.0-7.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K30||30% solution||27-33||29-31||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K60||40% solution||52-61||38-42||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K85||20% solution||80-88||19-21||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K90||20% solution||88-98||19-21||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K90||30% solution||80-98||29-31||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
|Sunlydone K115||10% solution||110-130||10.5-11.5||7.0-9.0||0.01 max|
Sunlydone K products are mainly used as film formers, but also as thickeners. The molecular weight determines the setting and adhesive properties of PVP polymers; the higher the molecular weight, the greater the setting. They are ideal for use in water-based applications where a high degree of clarity is required in the finished product (e.g. Gels). For hair-styling applications K30 and K85 are the best of the various molecular weights.
• Water-soluble in high concentrations to form clear solutions
• Form clear, homogeneous films
At low relative humidity the films are hard and brittle; at high relative humidity they are elastic and soft
• High water-absorption capacity
• Mixtures with polyacrylates, polyquats, salts, acids and bases are possible; high compatibility with many other cosmetic ingredients
• Nonionic, no neutralization required
• Hair gels, in particular wetlook gels, hair mousses, pump sprays, liquid hair setting preparations.
• Film former in hair styling products. Emulsion stabilizer. De-stainer and gelling agent in toothpastes.
• Sunlydone K30: for products with normal hold, for which low viscosity is important (e.g.pump sprays)
• Sunlydone K90: for products with a strong hold and high viscosity (e.g.hair gels and hir mousses)
Typical use level for PVP K30 is 3-6%; K90 is 1-3%; typical pH range is 3-7.5
Powder: 25/50 kg net in fiber drums
Solution: 60/150/200 kg net in PP drums or 1000kg IBC tankIf you're looking for polymer polyvinylpyrrolidone (pvp) k series 9003-39-8, please be free to place orders with our factory. We also support customized production for the famous brands' products. And if you need, the free sample is also available for quality checking.